Thursday, June 2, 2016

Forever and Always

Today marks 15 years that Ray and I have been married. How I wish Lord, you would have been the center of our lives for the entire 18 years of our relationship... So many choices we would've made differently. So many of our troubles, would have probably been avoided. So many of our insecurities and trust issues would not have been present. However, as I reflect back on our marriage I see your grace and mercy written all over it, removing past regrets and filling our hearts with a love for each other, as imperfect as we may be. You've been filling us with a hope that we will love each other and until our last breath as husband and wife. May we be an example to our children as well as to others, that our marriage is nothing that Ray and I could ever have done in our own strength, but it was being equally yoked as believers in Christ that has given us a successful marriage. That it was because of the forgiveness we received from you that allowed us to freely forgive one another when we fell flat on our faces. That it was your ultimate example of love that has guided our path these last 18 years to be able to choose to love each other over and over again. May we be forever mindful to lay down our own selfish ambitions and to take up our crosses daily and always follow after you, the savior of our souls. Yes 15 years ago I married the man who has always believed the best in me and encourages me to strive for that. He has also loved me even through some of my worst moments, and through complete brokenness. He has watched Christ redeem my life and remove my guilt, shame, and depression, and watched as He transformed what only God could do in my life. To say I married my best friend does not even begin to describe Ray and I and the past 18 years total together. Ray has been an amazing father, provider, and true companion. He's supported me at my best and loved me at my worst. We've walked through fires, been scorched, burned, and refined by each other. But through it all we refused to give up on each other. Real relationships take a lot of work, they take God at the center to fill our hearts with love and grace and forgiveness toward one another. Relationships are not always pretty and are far from being perfect. Sometimes God brings out the worst in one another so he can refine us to being out the best in one another. We hold Christ at the center of our marriage, He is the glue that holds us together in a world that chooses often to give up on love rather than work things out. Happy Anniversary Ray, I love you forever and for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment