Tuesday, May 10, 2022

At His Feet

 I’m thankful every time I attend a church service, conference, or Christian concert, I still identify myself as one of the least of these. I find myself in good company there. Knowing my own shortcomings keeps me grounded right where I need to be surrounded by sinners like myself, in desperate need of the grace only Jesus can offer us. There is never a time I don’t feel God’s love and mercy falling upon my brokenness. He’s always restoring me, and reminding me to whom I belong. I have said it countless of times… I’m so thankful I was among the sick that Jesus came to make well… for it is not the well that needs a physician but those who are sick. I have always prayed that I never forget where I came from, because I don’t want to feel entitled over another person or to ever treat them as though their sinfulness is greater than my own. Jesus didn’t come to save a select few. His grace is not only extended to those the church feels are redeemable or whose failings are forgivable… His love is for everyone Period! His love extends beyond our limited human minds and breaks down barriers we try so hard to put up. You can’t earn his love, it is not for sale, no amount of good deeds can earn his forgiveness… it is a gift for everyone that gets this life is hard and we need a rescuer. Someone to save us from our own self destruction as well as someone who finds the purest delight in us, in spite of our flaws or imperfections. He doesn’t need us but rather we need him. Jesus didn’t come for those striving for perfection or demanding it from others. He came for those who are  longing and desire to be his chosen beloved children, he came for the weary,  the lost, the broken, and the hurting. That’s the category I find myself longing to be found in and among… not too far right or too far left as many would identify with … but rather right in the center at his feet is where I desire to be. Learning from him how to better serve and love others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment