Monday, November 30, 2015

Show someone that you care

Ray just found out that one of the people he does a lot of tree work for took his life last night. He's greatly sadden by this and said, "I had a feeling he had been struggling." Those words echoed in my mind as my heart broke for him. I thought how often does God nudged our hearts about someone struggling and yet we don't feel it's our place to pry. We live in such a fast paced world where our relationships are often surface level because we lack the time to develop deep meaningful ones. We hurry along to our next job, meeting, children's activities, and sometimes miss our opportunity to reach out to those who matter to us and tell them so. I encourage you today if you know someone who is struggling to reach out to them, to remind them that you care, and to share life with that person. We need to get to place where we can feel more comfortable with people than just talking about the weather. A few words of encouragement can make a lot of difference to someone who has messed up or blown it yet again, or is depressed. Just to know someone still believes in them can make a difference. I believe if God puts someone on your mind we need to make an effort to reach out and show them that we care. The other person may reject the offer of help at first but we are planting seeds of hope deep within that can make a difference. We can't just sit passively on the sidelines thinking if they wanted to talk or needed help they'd reach out to me because for someone who is battling depression asking for help almost paralyzes them. Don't be afraid of a little rejection on your end because your acts of kindness does more than you will ever know my friends. Ask God to open your eyes to see the hurting and to be brave enough to reach out to show them you care before it's to late and you are left with the regret of not trying harder. Please pray for this man's family and friends, to any one who has ever lost a loved one to suicide there is often a lot of guilt and regret attached to the grieving process. If you are struggling with depression please know there are many who have or are struggling and it's okay to seek help. I once struggled with depression as well, it's a lonely place and you feel alone but you are NOT. There is a God who loves you so much he sent his son to save you from your pit of sins. My turning point was when I asked Jesus to save my life. That is why, to some I seem like a Jesus freak but I am proud to have that title because without Christ I would not be who I am today. He can and will make a difference in your life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment