Monday, January 9, 2017

He Saw Someone Worth Redeeming

1 John 4:10-11
 This is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his only son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Dear friends, since God so loved us we also ought to love one another.
" It's the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge, and my job to love."  Billy Graham
   How I love this quote.  So often we forget the power of God's love and forgiveness.  We feel entitled to label people by their sins.  We know people only by their deeds...  but love has the power to look past all of that into the heart of the person that may have succumbed to their sinful life because of uncontrollable circumstances or circumstances they did not realize would lead them into a pit of sin.  Only love has the power to transform a person from the inside out.  I am thankful I don't have to walk around wearing all of my sinful behavior, like a tattoo, across my body for the world to judge me by.  Only Jesus had a stronger love for me...  where the world would have convicted and condemned me because of my sinful life,  Jesus had the power to look beyond my faults to see someone worth saving, worth redeeming, and worth loving.  He saw someone who was sick and in need of a Savior and reached out to my dying soul and said, "Child I have the answer you've been searching for...  it's not found in drugs, alcohol, sex, money, fame, or power.  The answer came in the form of self-sacrificing LOVE.  Jesus came for the sick and lost...  so the next time you find yourself thinking you have it all together and you are looking down on people still trapped in there sinful lives... remember who it is, exactly, that Jesus came to save and remember the state where it was when he found you and rescued  you from your pit of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment