Saturday, March 31, 2018

Someone worth dying for

Every time I listen to Jesus Loving Barabbas by Judah Smith Sermon Jam on YouTube, I’m reminded of the cost of the sacrifice Jesus did for ME! He died for me to rescue me from a life plagued with sin and shame. He saw me and said  “I to want to redeem her life and make her new...” and you know what He wanted the same thing for Barabbas and for you as well. Get this... let it soak in... my deep love for Jesus is because of my immense need to be rescued from a life that tried to consume my very being and destroy me. Some days I reflect on how very far I still need to go to be transformed into Christ’s image... but he loves ME anyway, flawed just the way I am and the way I was... because it’s not about what I can do... it’s about the cross and Him doing for ME what I could NEVER do! I needed a savior so I could be set free from ME. He stopped the crowd from stoning ME to death and said let him who is without sin cast the first stone. No one?? He watched as guilty stone after guilty stone fell from their hands... did they respond by falling to their knees seeking the same protection? The Bible doesn’t say that happened... how sad that the same protection was available to them but they just turned, hearts full of pride and self righteousness and walked away from the very one who could make them well. My response is this thank you Jesus for coming to save this wretched sinner and redeeming me from a life I could NEVER have redeemed myself from. Thank you for loving US so much, that you gave it ALL to set us free from sin and shame, and that you saw someone worth dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment