Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Why God? Jesus help us see you in the darkness

 When life hurts... I write... so here it goes. Sometimes no matter how much we want things to go a particular way, no matter how much we plead, cry, and try our best to do the “Right Things” to earn unmerited favor... we are left shaken and devastated when our prayers are not answered the way we hoped. Even though we knew the answer that lies in the foreshadow was not the one were longing to hear. We are left shattered and broken. And the resounding, “ Why God,” echos in our souls at a deafening decimal. Why not this miracle, why not this answered prayer... why God? I don’t understand, how sometimes evil seems to come out ahead, why sometimes death triumphs over life, why the innocent are lost between the cracks and wrongs go unpunished, why abuse remains instead of healing. Why God? This week I watched a friend lose a piece of her soul, as our system failed us once again. I watched as she loss someone she was the voice of protection for,  an unsung hero that had her hands tied and was given no other option but to surrender to something beyond her control... it’s just not fair. I waited for the hour to strike when she would be laying her Isaac on the alter, knowing all too well that same feeling. Desperately pleading please provide another way, on my knees, with eyes burning from tears, lifting her up and crying out God show us another way. And yet I hear him whisper, I know it’s not fair, but I understand... I had to give up my son too. The enemy thought it was the final blow and the victory was his... however it was the exact thing that needed to happen for what was to proceed next. What looked like an end was actually the path leading to victory. I know you can’t see it now, you’re too close to the pain. I know things looked so dark in that tomb, where my son was laid but you see I knew something they didn’t. So trust me with this, I’m working all things together for good, the story isn’t over. Rest your weary souls in me. Allow my peace that surpasses all understanding to wrap around you like a security blanket tightly woven around your fragile hearts. Trust and see I will make all things new. Death has lost its sting, just cling tightly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment